ITM contributes to addressing Ebola
- As national reference centre for tropical and infectious diseases (for the federal Ministry of Health)
- As policy centre international health (for the federal Ministry of Development Cooperation)
Our activities in Belgium
- We developed and implemented procedures, training and infrastructure to handle potential Ebola cases, at ITM and in the University Hospital of Antwerp (UZA).
- We make contributions to the opinions of the Supreme Council of Health and their harmonisation with the guidelines of the federal Ministry of Health.
- We are ready to make the diagnosis of Ebola in our BSL3+ laboratories, sanctioned by the federal and Flemish authorities.
- We provide advice to the BBS about biosafety of other diagnostics for suspect cases, such as malaria or general biological parameters.
- We respond on a daily basis to countless questions and requests for advice from colleagues, official instances, organisations, media and the public.
Our international contribution
- We provide advice to the federal and Flemish authorities regarding their possible contributions in the field.